Enriching the community through service.
The mission of the Community Life arm of the Woman’s Club is to enrich the lives of our citizens through service projects and programs that improve the quality of life in our community directly or through collaboration with other organizations.
The committee’s goal is to build bridges of hope in our community through compassionate service and creative collaboration with open arms and caring hearts in friendship to create and uplift a higher quality of life for all in our community. Specific areas of focus include youth guidance, child welfare and health, women’s issues and other community affairs.
Members are engaged in volunteering at Camillus House, serving the homeless and victims of human trafficking, the Clarington Island clean up, LEAP (Ladies Empowerment & Action Program), the This and That Thrift shop, Fairchild Gardens, and assisting Crystal Parrot in the restoration of the historical Mariah Brown house.
Ongoing Community Life projects include:
- Hosting an annual holiday gathering for West Grove seniors with festivities and fellowship
- Collecting toiletries and clothing for St. Stephen’s for its homeless program
- Collecting art supplies to donate to school art teachers
- Collecting Boxtops for Education for Coconut Grove Elementary
- Collecting aluminum pop tops for Ronald McDonald House
- Raising funds and other support for human trafficking programs in Miami-Dade County
- Partnering with Cox Media Group and the Office of the Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle’s Human Trafficking Unit to sponsor Empowerment programs for 14-18 year old at risk girls.
Monthly meeting speakers and community events provide education on topics/causes that the club supports. The club also donates its clubhouse to nonprofits for meetings and events.
For more information on these programs or to recommend other service projects, please contact Community Life Chair Charity Johnson at Charity_J@bellsouth.net.