Community Life Committee
The mission of the Community Life arm of the Woman’s Club is to enrich the lives of our citizens through service projects and programs that improve the quality of life in our community directly or through collaboration with other organizations. Our goal is to build bridges of hope in our community through compassionate service and creative collaboration with open arms and caring hearts in friendship to create and uplift a higher quality of life for all in our community. Specific areas of focus include youth guidance, child welfare and health, women’s issues and other community affairs.
Members are engaged in volunteering at Camillus House, serving the homeless and victims of human trafficking, the Clarington Island clean up, LEAP (Ladies Empowerment & Action Program), the This and That Thrift shop, Fairchild Gardens, and assisting Crystal Parrot in the restoration of the historical Mariah Brown house.
Ongoing Community Life projects include:
- Raising funds and other support for human trafficking programs in Miami-Dade County;
- Collecting toiletries and clothing for St. Stephen’s for its homeless program;
- Collecting art supplies to donate to school art teachers;
- Collecting Boxtops for Education for Coconut Grove Elementary; and
- Collecting aluminum pop tops for Ronald McDonald House
- A Members 4 Members Program links members in need with other members to assist with driving, errands, doctors’ appointments, preparing food and other needs.
For more information on these programs or to recommend other service projects, please contact Community Life Chair Charity Johnson at Charity_J@bellsouth.net.
Community Life Committee
The mission of the Conservation Committee is to promote greater knowledge and wiser use of natural resources. The committee is actively engaged in numerous conservation projects and programs, many in collaboration with other nonprofit organizations. Recent projects and programs include:
- Sponsored a CLEO Institute Climate Science Workshop
- Partnered in the Royal Palm Park/Everglades National Park Centennial Event
- Held a fundraiser for Every Kid in a Park for South Florida National Parks Trust
- Established a community electronic recycling program in partnership with the City of Miami and the Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Spearheaded a recycling initiative for Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove Clubhouse
- Participated in the Everglades National Park’s Vintage Day event
The Conservation Committee is under the leadership of BJ Baldwin, Chair. For more information, please contact BJ at: email@example.com.The Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove partners with many nonprofit and community organizations by co-sponsoring meetings and events at its Clubhouse. 2016/17 sponsorships include:
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
- Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Coconut Grove Civic Club
- Coconut Grove Park Homeowners Association
- Dade Heritage Trust
- Heritage Network
- South Florida National Parks Trust
- The Cleo Institute
- The Villagers
For more information, contact Virginia Yermoli at: firstname.lastname@example.org