Making an impact in the world today!
The club’s Conservation Committee leads environmental efforts to benefit the community and our planet. Its mission is to create a greater knowledge and wiser use of natural resources,
Following the lead of pioneer woman members who saved Royal Palm Park, the nucleus of Everglades National Park, initiatives by the Conservation Committee include collaborations/partnerships with the CLEO Institute; South Florida National Parks Trust Centennial Celebration/Every Kid in a Park; City of Miami and the Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce. Specific projects include:
- Sponsored a CLEO Institute Climate Science Workshop
- Partnered with the Royal Palm Park/Everglades National Park Centennial Event.
- Held a fundraiser for Every Kid in a Park for South Florida National Parks Trust
- Established a community electronic recycling program in partnership with the City of Miami and the Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Spearheaded a recycling initiative for Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove Clubhouse
- Participated in the Everglades National Park’s Vintage Day event
- Partnered with Fairchild Gardens and held a plant sale of pollinator plants to support the butterfly and bee populations.
The Conservation Committee is under the leadership of BJ Baldwin, Chair . For more information, please contact BJ at:email@example.com[/vc_column_tebaxt]