News at the Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove
This is custom heading element
The Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove, founded in 1891 by schoolteacher and homesteader Flora McFarlane, is the oldest federated Woman’s Club in South Florida. Originally founded to provide for social interaction among the women of the community and to raise funds to construct a Sunday school building, the Club continues to work for the betterment of the community. The present clubhouse was designed by famed architect Walter DeGarmo and built in 1921. The Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.